Explore Our Thursday Electives
Thursdays at Calvary Meridian Prep Academy are designed for elective classes. We aim to offer additional classes to provide a well rounded education for students. These classes are optional for CMPA students in grades 4th-8th, while those attending CMPA as high school students must take elective classes as a graduation requirement. In addition, Thursday elective classes are open to our local homeschool community.
Taught by paid instructors, CMPA elective classes are intended to enhance your student's learning experience through a fun, hands-on, lab-like environment. Because we offer quarterly classes for the 4th-8th grades (8 weeks in length), there will be various options throughout the school year. The high school classes will be semester long. As an additional benefit, any student enrolled in an elective class can participate in CMPA extracurricular activities, including sports.
Elective Fees & Schedule
Calvary Meridian Prep Students:
High school students attending CMPA will not pay additional registration or class fees for elective courses. The registration fee for CMPA 4th-8th graders will be waived. However, they will pay class and materials fees.
Class costs vary and may include a materials fee. There is a once per school year registration fee of $50 dollars for the first student and $25 for each additional student. This is non-refundable.
Class & Material Fees:
Payment for classes and material fees are due one week prior to the start of classes for that quarter/semester. Non-payment will result in the loss of seat for that class. A request for a refund may be made up to one week before the start of class for that quarter/semester. Beyond that, they are non-refundable.
August 24 - October 12
October 26 - December 21
January 11 - March 7
March 14 - May 23
- 9:00 - 10:00 - Elective Rotation 1
- 10:15 - 11:15 - Elective Rotation 2
- 11:30 - 12:30 - Elective Rotation 3
- $100 + class fees per class for CMPA students
- $125 + class fees per class for non-CMPA students
1st Quarter - August 17, 2023
2nd Quarter - October 19, 2023
3rd Quarter - January 4, 2024
4th Quarter - Mar 7, 2024
* Fees not paid by the dates above will result in students being removed from class(es). All fees must be paid in order for a student to participate in electives at CMPA.
August 24 - December 21
January 11 - May 23
- 9:00 - 10:30 - Elective Rotation 1
- 10:45 - 12:15 - Elective Rotation 2
- 12:30 - 2:00 - Elective Rotation 3
- $225 + class fees per class for non-CMPA students
1st Semester - August 17, 2023
- 2nd Semester - January 4, 2024
* Fees not paid by the dates above will result in students being removed from class(es). All fees must be paid for a student to participate in electives at CMPA.
We believe that Physical Education is an essential part of a well-rounded education. We recognize that God created us to be active, and physical activity is integral to our overall health and well-being. Through our PE program, we aim to develop physical fitness, motor skills, teamwork, and sportsmanship in our students, all while honoring God with the abilities He has given us.
PE classes are offered for grades 1st - 8th full-time CMPA students. High school fitness will be offered on an elective day.
Boy's Flag Football
7x7 Flag Football